- TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to our American cousins) has some great, cheap and cheerful baking equipment. I got a piping bag and eight nozzles for a fiver. A FIVER. It's dramatically improved the look of my cupcakes.
- If you're measuring out honey or syrup, coat the spoon with a bit of olive oil first to stop sticky stuff sticking.
- Industrial food-safe degreaser gets rid of bike chain oil out of fabric, but test on an inconspicuous area first to test for colour fastness.
- Nothing screams "Domestic Goddess" like a cake stand to display your yummy goodies! I got mine free with a 99p cake decorating magazine, but again, TK Maxx do beautiful cheap ones.
- When making pumpkin pie, DON'T cover it in aerosol cream and expect the cream to stay whippy. Just spray it just before you serve it or use proper whipping cream. Nom.
Monday, 2 April 2012
Domestic Goddess Tips
In my current, time-consuming quest to become a Domestic Goddess, I am learning something new everyday. Here are some quick tips I've learned so far...